Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Week #6

Monday, March 30, 2009

Today I worked from 8:30am to 3:30pm for a total of 7 hours.

Total hours so far: 38hrs 40min

Today
was another usual day working at the Volunteer Office and the Child Center. At the Volunteer Office I helped put invitations in envelopes for a Reunion for patients that is coming up. I then worked on the usual duties of delivering DVD players and Laptops. I met some interesting patients and am getting pretty close to the other volunteers. At the Child Center, for the first time ever, every single child fell asleep during nap time. It was so nice! All quiet, and the entire staff was astonished that this could actually happen. It was another usual fun day with the kids, and they all are starting to remember my name and everything. I have a lot of fun there.

For my project, not much is going on. I have yet to talk to my supervisor about it and ask if it is alright to take pictures. My supervisor hasn't really been at the center in a while, so it is hard to make this conversation happen. Otherwise, I am loving my time at UCSF. It is so much fun! I am learning a lot about the hospital, getting to know some nurses and doctors, and I enjoy the time with the other volunteers and staff members at the Volunteer Office. The kids at the Child Center are absolutely adorable, and the staff are so friendly. I really have enjoyed my time here.



No comments:

Post a Comment