Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Today I worked from 8:30am to 3:40pm for a total of 7 hours and 10 minutes.
Total hours so far: 59hrs and 50min
Today was a lot of work going around the Volunteer Services office. I did the regular patient visiting, deliveries, and card making for the Spring Holiday Hugs. There was also some card-signing because there were some birthdays coming up and one of the staff members will be going off to Nursing school. At the Child Center, I spent time with the kids and had fun. Nap time was extended so I saw most of them sleeping for the majority of the time, so not as much playing for the kids.
The staff at the Volunteer Office are so friendly. The volunteers are also so much fun to hang out with. We all have fun chatting and some of the volunteers are elderly women that have worked for so long, they are all practically family. It was sort of a slow day with everything, a few deliveries, but then it was mostly in the office talking to everyone, getting to know everyone. Did more arts and crafts than anything. There weren't a lot of kids at the Child Center, so I spent some time cleaning with the staff there and also chatting. Not much to say today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment