Wednesday, March 25, 2009
I worked from 8:30am to 3:30pm for a total of 7 hours.
Total hours so far: 31hrs 40min
It was the usual day of working at the Volunteer Office and the Child Center. I did the usual deliveries, patient visiting, and stocking up magazines and newspapers in the waiting rooms. Went about the hospital, from floor to floor, getting around the hospital just like any other day. Besides that, one of my fellow volunteers was awarded the HEARTS award for his diligence and great attitude. He has been working there for about a year now, and he definitely deserved the recognition. At the Child Center, it was great spending time with the usual group of kids I am with (the FROGS!). They are so adorable and they are now recognizing me. They all want to play with me or sit next to me and tell me every little thing they have to say. This past day, one of the girls had a doctor's appointment and she got a bunch of stickers and she just had to show me all of them. Another girl gave me a sticker to put on my ID badge. I just love working with them. The other volunteers and I have fun trying to understand what some of them say or just talking about how cute they are.
Well, for my project, I haven't really been sure as to what I could do. The Volunteer Office is quite established, and they already have a organizing/rating/ranking system for Music, Books, and Movies. However, for the Child Center, I think my idea of creating an album with their pictures would be perfect. I don't think they have any "yearbook" or anything, but creating a little something for them to look through afterwards would be great. Some of the kids are going off to Kindergarten or moving up from FROGS to DOLPHINS. Making this album would be a cute little memento for them to see themselves IN ACTION. To plan this out though, I would have to first discuss it with my Supervisor there. I might even need to get parent permission, but once I start taking the pictures, I can get the album created, and even put some of the student artwork in there. It can be their own little yearbook, showing them playing in the playground, participating in activities, maybe even naptime or story-time. It would be just great for them to see how their day goes by, and every child loves looking at pictures.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment