Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Week #7, Day 2

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Today I worked from 8:30am to 3:30pm for a total of 7 hours.

Total hours so far: 52hrs 40min

The usual day of volunteering. I love my assignments and UCSF, I just wished I could be a Baby Cuddler. Everytime I go to the Maternity floor and see all those cute little babies, I feel so happy! They are truly little bundles of joy. Besides that though, the Volunteer Office was teeming with Volunteers today. One of the staff members, Susan, got accepted to Nursing school, so my supervisor brought in a HUGE card for everyone to sign. Then we came upon talking about acceptances, which led to talking about me in high school, where I was accepted too, and a congratulations from everyone. The most fun part though, was when Emma, who has been volunteering for over 50 years (!!!), was talking about her college experience and getting housing, etc.

At the Child Center, I had some fun with the staff today. During nap time, some of the kids were just not going to sleep, and the teachers were getting antsy. The Frog teachers have this little joke where they flail their hands to the sky and say "Allah! Help me!" One of them is Muslim and so I guess that's how it caught on. While putting the kiddies to sleep we started talking about the economy and how its a terrible depression right now and even the hospital is not doing as great. One of the teachers wants to sell her house, so she just kept saying "Hopefully the economy will be better next year." It was a talkative day, and the kids were really hyper. The other volunteer and I had fun with the kids, playing with them and just having fun!

Today was just an overall HAPPY day.

No comments:

Post a Comment